INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS REGARDING
We are keen to keep patients advised of developments within the Practice relating to COVID-19, but strongly recommend patients keep up-to-date with developments via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or the BBC News website.
We have therefore made the following changes to our normal practice:
- All face to face GP appointments will be changed to an initial telephone consultation.
- Patients should not visit the Branch site unless contacted by a GP or Nurse and advised to attend.
- Where possible patients should decide which pharmacy they wish to collect their prescription from and the Practice will send this electronically.
- Patients should only order their scripts when due and not in advance as our computer system restricts issues requested too early.
- Patients requesting home visits will be advised the GP will initially contact them by telephone.
- The Practice is unable to supply patients with masks, gels and other protective equipment as these supplies are limited and are for the sole use of our patients within the Practice.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to manage infection risk of COVID-19 all appointments currently available to book online are telephone appointments. Enter your telephone number into the 'reasons' box and one of our GPs will call you as near to the appointment time as possible. In all other respects the appointments system remains the same.
Welcome to our Practice website
We are confident that this site gives our patients the information about the Surgery they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment through: SystmOnline
The Practice Philosophy
Our main aim is to be caring approachable family doctors providing the highest possible medical, nursing and social care. Working together with other support services to achieve the wellbeing of our patients will be of the highest priority, with particular regard to their dignity. We will endeavour to provide a service that treats each patient as an individual, taking into account cultural, spiritual and social needs. We have a wide range of medical interests and ware committed to on-going training for the doctors and all staff.
We are committed to providing best practice and high quality medical care to our registered patients. Ear syringing is no longer considered to be the first line treatment for the clearing of ear wax and it is not a funded service within the NHS for General Practice.
Current guidelines are that ear drops should be used to soften the wax which will then enable the natural movement of the wax from the ear. Further information and treatment options are available in our 'Ear Wax Self Help Guide' available to download or collect from our waiting area.
If you still have ear symptoms that concern you, please book an appointment to see a Nurse or GP at the practice.
(Site updated 23/03/2020)