When We Are Closed
The Out of Hours GP Service provides access to Urgent Medical Assistance between the hours of:
- 6:30pm and 8:00am Mon - Fri
- All day on Saturday and Sunday
- Bank and Public Holidays.
Only make a call to this service if your problem cannot wait until the surgery is next open.
In a medical emergency please dial 999.
Who to call - Hampshire and Dorset
If you live in Hampshire or Dorset there is a new number to call for non-emergency medical advice and treatment outside surgery hours.
When do I use it?
You should use the NHS 111 service if:
- you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- you don’t know who to call for medical help or you don’t have a GP to call
- you require health information or reassurance about what to do next
For less urgent health needs, you should still contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way. If a health professional has given you a specific telephone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, please continue to use that number.
Find out more about 111.
Read the leaflet
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.