We have a computerised repeat prescription service and we need 2 full working days to process your requests.
You can request a repeat prescription:
- Online via the link at the top of this page
- By returning to us (with an SAE if you wish your prescription to be posted to you) the tear off slip on the right hand side of your prescription having ticked the items you require.
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not ask the receptionist to accept prescription requests over the telephone as serious mistakes can happen this way.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
If you have arranged for a local pharmacy to collect your prescription from us, please clearly mark the request slip/online services form with the name and location of the pharmacy, e.g. "Lloyds Ringwood" or "Lloyds Poulner" etc.
The Practice has a policy of prescribing non-brand name medicines whenever possible to ensure cost effective prescribing.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.